Sinus grafting, considered to be one of the most tricky surgeries in the discipline of implant dentistry, will be challenged in this one-day intense hands-on and practical training program led by a board-certified periodontist,
and a team of clinicians who have collectively brought some of the most cutting-edge innovative sinus techniques in recent years. This intense lecture and hands-on workshop will focus on all aspects of sinus augmentation from the “classic” lateral window approach to a variety of crestal or internal techniques.
The numerous gadgets, devices and approaches will be discussed with clinical examples to discern the good, the bad, and the not-so-pretty side of this arena.
A newly advocated technique of hybrid lateral and internal sinus access, also known as the LISA technique (Park et al, 2014) will be covered in detail, together with the utilization of piezoelectric surgery devices and platelet rich fibrin (PRF).
- Understand applied anatomy and physiology of the maxillary sinus.
- Understand case selection criteria for sinus augmentation procedure(s).
- Be familiar with step-by-step techniques for lateral window and crestal sinus approaches.
- Understand the variations in the techniques available, including the “hybrid” Lateral and Internal Sinus Access (LISA) technique.
- Gain insights of the simultaneous vs staged placement, and loading protocols.
- Be able to recognize and manage peri- and post-operative complications.
- 8:30 AM – 9:00 AM (EST) : Registration
- 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM (EST) : Lecture/Hands-on/Live-Surgery
* Breakfast & Lunch will be provided
Refunds are granted only if a written cancellation notification is received within 31 days before the course. 50% of the tuition minus processing fee will be refunded if cancellation occurs within 21 days before this course. No refund is granted afterwards. A $75 fee is withheld for processing. Cancellation must be notified in writing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.